Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Direct package: Sophia

One of my favorite things about the organizations I sponsor through is that they allow you to send packages of gifts directly to your children. (In fact, that is what One Spirit's sponsorships consist of - there is no monthly fee, just what you can send.) It can be expensive, so I only send one every six months are so, but it's too much fun not to! Children International also sends photographs of your kids receiving their gifts - and it's great to get "extra" photos of your kids!

Sophia with her first package:


I sent Sophia a few items of clothing and some school supplies in a miniature backpack. Inexpensive, lightweight to keep shipping costs down, and hopefully useful!



Could this kid be any cuter??


Sophia with her second package:


I sent her some articles of clothing, a backpack, a paperback book and a Little Mermaid art set. I also sent some photographs from my birthday trip to the Bronx Zoo earlier in the year.





Sophia's letter upon receiving the second package:



It's just too cute not to include :)

2 comments:

LinZi said...

what a nice letter, how old is she?

Molly said...

She turned eight last december.