Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Hey, everyone else is doing it.

With GeoCities dead, my Tripod account long gone, and flickr not being terribly convenient for writing at any length, Blogspot it is.

Since the only people likely to read this blog are fellow sponsors, I don't think I need to explain why I sponsor these kids.

I've been sponsoring for about a decade now, since I was a teenager. A friend of mine got me interested when she had me help choose her third sponsored child. Said friend now has sponsored over twenty-five children in her lifetime (starting in middle school!) I'm not quite there yet, but I've sponsored quite a few as well.

I currently sponsor seven children: Annah (12) and Arupe (10) through the International Humanity Foundation in Kenya, Thandiwe (5, in Zambia), Sophia (8) and Jessa (7, both in the Philippines) through Children International, Angelina (16) through One Spirit (formerly Spirit Rising) and Josie (8) through His Hands for Haiti. I also write to Wituelle (15, in Haiti) through Compassion International.

In the past I've sponsored, written to and co-sponsored about a dozen other children, who I've had to let go of for various reasons (graduation, financial problems, dissatisfaction with the organization, etc). I miss them all dearly and hope that they remember me well.

No comments: