Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Meet my kids: Angelina

I've sponsored Angie through One Spirit (formerly Spirit rising) since October of 2001 - she was just seven then! When I first started sponsoring her, she could barely write her own letters and was struggling academically. She is now sixteen and has grown into an intelligent, caring, ambitious young woman who excels in school. I couldn't be prouder of her.

Since Angie is in the USA I won't be doing regular updates on her for privacy reasons, but I couldn't leave her out of this blog entirely. Below is the photograph from the Spirit Rising website that I saw when I first started sponsoring her.











I chose to sponsor Angie because of her name - literally the day before, my friend and I were discussing how there were certain names we particularly liked for various reasons, and I said that if I ever saw an Angelina on one of the sponsorship websites, I would just have to sponsor her! I had never seen a girl with that name on any of the organizations' websites before - clearly it was meant to be!

No comments: